Saturday, July 15, 2006

WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WITH A BLOG?

I'm not quite sure what possessed me to want a blog. I suppose it is the need to communicate. I am almost 58, have been married for almost 35 years to the only man in the world who would have put up with me for this long, making him an incredibly wonderful guy, and have a grown son who is on his own. I have 33 years experience teaching 7th-12th grade English, and no I have not retired. I plan on staying around for 4 more years or until I win the lottery or Publisher's Clearinghouse. Is this boring or what?

I have been wary of writing because I am an English teacher. We are such picky people when it comes to the grammar and punctuation stuff that we hate to put ourselves out there so that the masses can jump on our typographical errors. (I didn't remember whether it was typos or typo's so I tried to spell the whole dang word. See what I mean? Any ol' who. Just yesterday I bought the book Eats Shoots and Leaves which is about punctuation so when I am done here I will check it out.)

Since my hubby works evenings, the cat and I are left home alone most evenings. After reading the paper, watching what I like on tv, checking my email, reading a couple of blogs of people I know, and playing my games, I sometimes feel the need to let my creative juices flow. What the heck do I have to talk about? I' m not quite sure but as the days go by I'm sure I will think of something.

Ah, my first blog is finished and am I ever glad. Now I just have to remember what I put down on all that beginning information so I can get back in here. Oh well. I at least got one blog done. Yea!!! Hurray!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

Your neice told me that you had a blog now and that soon the entire state of Oklahoma would be blogging. I laughed and said "Do you have a problem with that?"
Now that I've found you, I've put you on my favorites so I can keep up with Wyandotte High info.
I totally agree with your sentiments about the school being ready by fall break. Whatever! I drove by there the other day and it didn't look a bit different than it did on the last day of summer school. They'd better get crackin'!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home