Monday, January 29, 2007

Ah!!! A Good Day!!!

It is 10:35 in the evening and I am about to head off to bed. I just had to write about having a good day. My seniors first hour got into the test review and managed to have some fun. I had each row compete to answer questions. I would read a question and the first person in the row was to write down the correct answer. If s/he didn't know the answer, the paper was passed back until someone could answer. It really brought home how much they weren't prepared for the test tomorrow. I hope they will be better prepared tomorrow. My other senior class seemed to be better prepared and much more competitive. It got pretty rowdy but they were involved and trying to beat the other rows. Unless you teach this age group, this might not seem like much. Please believe me when I tell you that getting seniors to stay awake, take part and know the answers is quite a feat. A success story.....YEA!!!!!

My juniors are watching the musical "Oklahoma" in preparation for the centennial and a research paper over something relevant to Oklahoma. They were mesmerized(that's what I am calling it anyway) 3rd hour as they watched the dream sequence where there was all of this ballet type dancing and symbolic "stuff". 4th and 5th hours weren't quite so enthralled, but they did leave class singing "Oh the farmers and the cowboys should be friends." One of my boys 4th hour actually bragged to me that he had stayed awake all hour. He made the calendar.

Yes, it was a good day. Hubby D was off this evening and we got to just be together watching irrelevant TV and relaxing.

I hope the rest of the week goes well. Tomorrow I have a senior class meeting at 11:20 which is always a loud and trying business. Then, on Thursday I get to accompany them to NEO Senior Day. It is also homecoming week so I need to go make sure I have a cowboy type shirt and some clean jeans to wear tomorrow for cowboy and Indian day. Jeans on a Tuesday. This is going to be a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home