Sunday, January 14, 2007

Winter Wonder Land?????

It began Friday while we were at school. The weather man said it wouldn't get here until around 5. He was wrong. The principal came in to my 5th hour class and let all of the students who had driven leave so that they could get home before the roads got any worse. We couldn't let the rest of them go because parents had to be notified. It wouldn't be wise to send grade school students home early in freezing rain and sleet. Their parents might not be happy to come home to find their little ones couldn't get into the house and had turned into pretty blue icicles. By the time they got everybody notified, we were able to leave at 3. The kids probably didn't get home early at all with the way the roads were.

The drive home wasn't bad just slow and stressful. I realized earlier in the day that some how I had left my billfold at home---no license, no money, no checks, no credit cards!!!!! I had to make dang sure that I didn't wind up in a fender bender. I really needed to pick some things up on the way home; however, since I had no money, credit cards, or checks that was out of the question. My problem is that once I get home and in the house, I begin putting on my lounging clothes and it is next to impossible to make myself leave. Luckily, we have had enough of everything to get by, but we are starting to get low on some provisions. The Great Hubby D is off tomorrow too so he or we will have to venture forth in search of provisions. I will probably go along. I get cabin fever after 3 days of isolation. The only problem will be having to get dressed, fix my hair, put on make up, and make myself presentable.

Hubby D has been going to work this whole time. He says that there isn't much traffic which is nice. He can look out for himself and not have to worry too much about the other guy. He is great driving on this stuff; I, on the other hand, am not even close to being average much less great on the stuff. He said it was so cold that even with the defroster blowing on high the windshield kept freezing up. Now that my friends is cold.

When we look outside, the landscape appears to be snow covered. In actuality, the landscape is sleet and ice covered. When I went out to get the paper Saturday morning, my shoes didn't sink into the white covered driveway at all. Mater of fact, I crunched every step of the way. It never ceases to amaze me that something which appears so beautiful can be so dangerous. I guess when you think about it, lots of things in life are that way.

No school tomorrow. Our students always gripe and complain because we don't get out for Martin Luther King Day. Well, this year we do!!!!! Ah, one less thing for them to complain about!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home