Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hurry Christmas(break), Hurry Fast

I know I just had Thanksgiving and a snow break but trust me when I tell you that trying to keep 9-12 graders hooked up at this time of year is like that commercial where they try to herd cats. It most likely is not going to happen.

The snow break was nice except I didn't get any grading done. I didn't believe the weather man and didn't even bring anything home to grade. On Monday, we were the only school in the area besides Miami that had school. The kids had some harrying tales about their bus rides to school. The bus drivers weren't exactly happy about having to drive their routes either. Our bus routes go all the way to the Missouri line at Seneca. Seneca didn't have school. Our bus routes go almost to Turkey Ford/Grove. They didn't have school. At least we only missed 2 days, and luckily nobody was injured in bus or car wrecks.

Since we had so many absent, I used Monday as a catch up day for students, and some actually did try to catch up. Most, however, were too busy griping about being there or trying to talk me into letting them go outside to have a snowball fight (like that was going to happen!!!!) to get very much done. The scores on their quizzes on Tuesday bear witness to this.

Christmas break begins 2 weeks from today. I have about 4 presents bought. Not to worry, I love doing last minute shopping on Christmas Eve. I love being out with everybody scurrying around and the Christmas music playing everywhere we go. Hubby D and the Cap'n aren't into that too much. I've been playing Christmas music between classes and sometimes while they are doing work. I need to get Mannheim Steamroller out and take it. Some students are decorating my door. I really do love Christmas time. Peace on Earth , Good Will Toward Men, Fa la la la la la la la la!!!!!!!

I must leave now. I have a pounding headache. I took medicine but it hasn't kicked in yet. I think I will go sleep on the couch while the reruns play. Life is good

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

Were there lots of absent students? Shael was one of them. Mike got her as far as my parents but my Mom wouldn't allow her on the bus because she was scared it would wreck. It obviously didn't wreck, but two weeks later a gun was brought on to it. How lovely! Thank goodness Shael wasn't on it when that happened.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home