Monday, January 22, 2007

Back to School

I get/have to go to school tomorrow. I haven't been for quite some time. We've missed 6 school days in a row. That is unheard of in this neck of the woods. We seldom miss more than 2 or 3 days in a winter much less in a row. This was no ordinary storm. This was ice and sleet. My driveway is still iced over. My street is still an icy mess. I don't even like to think what it is like out on those back roads. Been there, done that, moved on!!!!!

I have been hearing some wonderful things about the people in Wyandotte and how they have chipped in to help each other. It makes me proud of my community. I haven't lived there for several years now, but it is still home and always will be. Good people, good neighbors.

Anyway, I actually have to get up at 6 tomorrow morning, clean-up, get dressed, fix the hair and make-up, and get back into the swing of things. It is soooooo easy to get out of those daily rituals. I have only been out of the house twice to go somewhere since Friday, January12th. That was last Monday and today. That is it!!! The rest of the time I have been in my pajamas. I have done the necessities---dishes, laundry, pick-up, vacuuming, etc. I even put up most of my Christmas decorations and believe it or not graded all but one set of papers that I brought home!!!!!

I have enjoyed the time off. I have stayed up late and slept in. I have watched TV, read, played on the computer, and enjoyed the heck out of the time I got to spend with Hubby D. I have no one to blame but myself for my poor choices. I wish I did. Oh well, I'll make it one way or the other. I have no choice. I've done it before and I will do it again. That's what we do. Being a grown-up isn't always all that it is cracked up to be.

I must head off to bed and get into that teaching frame of mind. I must be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow. I must lead my kiddies to reach new heights. We will sing the state song, we will watch "Anne of 1000 Days", and we will be better people for it. (Strike up the band and start the cheering!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home