Wednesday, January 03, 2007

In-Service

When teachers go to school and students don't, it is called in-service, staff development, or teachers' meeting. I went to one today. We didn't have to be there until 8:30-9, and we got to wear jeans. YEA!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!

Usually these meetings aren't as helpful or meaningful as most teachers would like. Let's face it, we have too many subjects, interests, and grade levels to make everyone happy. Today was the English Teachers' turn to be happy. The presenters were younger teachers from one of the Putnam City high schools. They were both English Teachers. YEA!!!!! HURRAY!!!!! The examples that they gave were English related. I got several great ideas on how to make my classes more interesting on a daily basis or at least a weekly basis. There were 3 sessions and none of them were too long. We got to be participants instead of just sitting like knots on logs. Some did not get as much out of the meeting as I did, but any time I can come away from a meeting with several ideas on how to present and make English more interesting, I feel my timehas been well spent.

We were dismissed at noon but R and I stayed and worked. She graded and I tried to get my room in some semblance of order. Now that I don't have to share my room any more and the extra desks and a refrigerator are gone, I actually have some room to move. I fixed my bulletin board and got things semi-organized. Now I am ready to hit the hay. I will definitely need all my energy for tomorrow when the DARLINGS return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home