Sunday, December 03, 2006

Snowbound in Northeast Oklahoma

Word is that we got the worst snow storm here in like forever, man. Can you dig it? Yeah, but you don't want to, right? I was so happy on Thursday since it was Hubby D's day off and we got to just laze around and do next to nothing. Then, Friday came and I still got to stay at home; however, Hubby D had to go to work. I felt bad then.

For the first winter since we moved here, the garage is filled with junk. The garage door opener quit working last year some time. While the weather was bad, I'd open it manually but then when it got warm, I just parked outside. When you park the car in the garage every day, you don't get a chance to fill it with stuff. When you don't park the car in the garage all summer, the garage becomes a storage shed. This is where the procrastination thing really gets to be a bummer. I have intended to clean it every weekend for the last 3 months. Somehow it wasn't all that important then. So I've been off for 4 days, did I clean the garage? Right!!!!!

To help the hubby out, I filled containers with water and carried them to the door so he could get the car doors and trunk unstuck. It was sort of like a 2 person water brigade for ice. My ice scraper, a really nice one that Hubby D got for me, was nowhere to be found and his was in his ice entombed car. Besides the procrastination thing, we also never seem to be prepared. I was a Brownie along time ago for a year, but he was never a Boy Scout.

After bombarding the door with water for awhile, he was able to get it open and finally get the car running. He couldn't leave it running for very long because it needed gas. I didn't believe the weather man and had not filled up because I had enough gas to get to school and home for the next two days. Heck, that was all I needed. Live for the moment!!!

My car is not good on ice so Hubby D put weights in the trunk, got gas and went to work. The roads were bad. Many people did not show up for work at the Oklahoma Forensic Center, but hubby is responsible and knew that he was needed. Do you see why I love the guy? He does what he is supposed to. Whether you believe it or not, he is such a good influence on me. Can you imagine how much trouble I would be in if I didn't have him? I don't even want to think about it.

Well, it is Sunday and the snow is hanging in there. According to Hubby D, the major roads seem to be clear. I wouldn't know because I have been at home since last Wednesday night. The cupboard is bare so we are going to have to make a Walmart run soon. Most of our students don't live in town. We are definitely a rural area with bus routes covering hilly 2 lane roads and many of them are right by the lake. I don't know if they have been cleared off or not, but I haven't gotten a call so I am preparing to go back. Bathed, shaved, washed my hair and done the laundry. See some of that Brownie stuff did stick!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home