Monday, November 06, 2006

I Got a Feelin' Called the Blahs

A few weeks ago Hubby D was kind enough to share whatever bug is going around at OFC(Oklahoma Forensic Center formerly Eastern State Hospital) with me. The bug makes you feel really bad and then just about the time you feel human again POW!!! it returns with a vengeance. It has ruined my last couple of weekends and I am tired of it. I make it to school and make it through the day but I am totally worthless all evening. ( For all you smart@&&*& out there who are thinking so what else is new or how is this different than usual, and you know who you are, keep those comments to yourselves. Don't make me reach through this screen and slap you sillier than you already are!!!) Then I start the process over again.

I stayed home today and went to see a local doctor. He is older and is a general practitioner and I hadn't been to see him in a couple of years. He told me that since I wasn't running a fever that I would just have to continue with what I am doing and let it run its course. Of course, if it hangs around long enough to cause a sinus infection then I can go back and get a prescription. I sure will be glad when it gets to that point so I can get some relief!!!!!

The rumor is that the new building will be finished within a few days and all the dust and crud from the construction will be over. That should help. However, we were supposed to be moved in by October 1 and now it is November 6. I went to look at new construction last week and it is coming right along. However, one of the custodians told us that even if they worked 24/7, it would take a miracle to get us moved in before Thanksgiving. After the construction is done, the custodial staff has to mop, wax, dust, and do general clean up. I'm hoping for January 3, but then I am an optimist.

I must go now and prepare for tomorrow. The bridges at Twin Bridges State Park are going to be redone and will be closed for the next 4-6 months. This means we have to take the long way around to get to school as will lots more trucks, buses, and cars. This will mean that we should be leaving 10 minutes earlier every day. We have been on time almost everyday so far this year and trust me that is an accomplishment since we have to be there 5 minutes earlier this year anyway and being on time or early has never been easy for us. We stay way later than most so we figure we more than make up the time. I don't know how this is going to work but I guess we will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home