Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Out of the Blog

I just realized that I hadn't been at the blog for over a week. I must have been quite busy these past few days or maybe too pooped to even express myself. Either one is quite likely.

I did recuperate from the ballgame in time to go to another one last Thursday. We didn't win but we gave it a mighty good try. I didn't get sick this time but my voice is a little hoarse still. Did that keep me from singing? Not a chance. This is homecoming week so instead of a quote and a cheer for the first five, we sang the school song each morning. They get to write the words from memory tomorrow for a grade. I have known the school song for 50 years, and I do my best to make sure that every student gets the opportunity to learn it before leaving to pursue more weighty life issues. Besides it's great fun to clap and sing and yell "The Bears will fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!" each and every hour. Sure wakes the kiddies up for at least a little while.

Speaking of the ballgame, I had an epiphany or maybe just a dadblasted awakening at the ballgame. My friend "R" and I were sitting in the bleachers when one of her former students who is probably 17 came up to show off her baby. I started to comment that I had gone to school and run around with the baby's grandma when it hit me that

NO I HAD BEEN FRIENDS WITH THE BABY'S GREAT GRANDMA!!!
Grant it the great grandma got an early start as did the grandma and mama, but it sure was discombobulating! I am not even a grandma yet. I bought my hair color and took care of the gray hair on Sunday. It turned out darker that the last time; however, I can live with it until it starts to fade and the gray reappears because I bought 3 packages this last time. I had the coupons so I thought "better safe than sorry". You see on Saturday I went to a 25th wedding anniversary for a former student and hadn't gotten the hair color yet. There were former students there from when I taught at Commerce 34 some odd years ago.
Since I have seldom if ever done anything gracefully, I don't think I am going to grow old that way. Monday,I wore my pjs to school for come as you are day. Tuesday was dress like your favorite golden oldie so I went as myself. We had parent/teacher conference from 4:30 -7:30 that evening and I was supposed to look professional. Today was pirate day so I wore a striped Tshirt some denim slacks with wider bottom legs and some tennis shoes plus some big silver hoop earrings. Tomorrow, since we don't have school Friday, will be jeans and black and white spirit day and yes I am ready for that.
Since tomorrow evening we have parent/teacher conferences again, I get to take a change of clothes so that I will look more professional. Like the parents don't know me and I can fool them on that one day they come for conference by wearing something professional!!!! I saw three parents on Tuesday evening. Tomorrow evening will probably be the same but I am not complaining. I got lots of grading done Tuesday and expect to do the same tomorrow evening.
Since tomorrow will be another long day, I guess I better go try to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZ's. I was hoping to get to sleep in on Friday but then I remembered I had scheduled a doctor's appointment in Joplin at 9:30. Oh well, dems da breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home