Friday, November 10, 2006

November----Time to Give Thanks

The Baptist Hymnal has a song called "Count Your Blessings". I have sung that song many times in my life and at this time of the year I feel the need to "Count your blessings. Name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done." So here goes-----

A Countdown of my Blessings
(in no particular order)



I am so thankful that as this week comes to a close that I am feeling almost human again.

I am thankful that we finished the excerpt from Morte d'Arthur and now we can start watching "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". Viewing King Arthur and his knights from a lighthearted perspective helps. As we watch, we look for examples of anachronisms, farce, parody and satire, and I get to share British humor with yet another unsuspecting group of seniors.

I am thankful that my little brother and his family made the move from Spokane, WA to Yuma AZ without any trouble. He is getting to return to the ministry which is where he needs to be and I am so happy for him.

I am thankful for my loving Hubby D and the Cap'n. They are such blessings. We have always had a happy home. Home should be where you go to be safe and happy. I am thankful for that security. I am thankful that I never have to wonder if I am loved.


I am thankful for my family and the way I was raised. I am thankful for Hubby D's family and the way he was raised. After reading Diva's blog about her Grandpa, I recalled so many good times with my parents, grandparents, brothers, sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, etc. I have so many students who don't have a group of people that they can count on. They don't have that feeling of love and security. They don't understand unconditional love. I am so thankful for the love of family.

I am thankful for my friend R. We keep each other grounded. We help lessen each other's burdens. We try to keep the sun shining with laughter, understanding and caring.

I am thankful for modern conveniences. I am thankful that I live in a time where we have central heat and air, inside plumbing, microwaves, huge TVs, VCR's and DVR's, 300 plus CD players, computers(yes, even I have learned to appreciate computers), automatic washers and dryers, dishwashers, garage door openers, cell phones, permanent press clothing, and the list goes on and on. I am not a pioneer woman. I do not like camping or roughing it. I remember wringer washing machines and hanging clothes out to dry. I am thankful for modern conveniences. Oh yes, I am.

I am thankful for my education and job. I am thankful that I get a chance to try to make a difference in young people's lives.

I am thankful that we are a short one and a half weeks away from Thanksgiving break and only a week away from the Cap'n coming home.

I am thankful for the students that I teach. We had an assembly today for Veteran's Day. The Gym was full of visitors. Our students took part in the program and represented us well. The rest of our students were attentive and very well behaved. They showed the proper respect for those who were honored today. I am thankful for the community of Wyandotte where our children are still taught to respect the flag, their country, their elders, and God. Not all of them practice what they are taught all of the time, but they do rise to the occasion and for that I am thankful.

Right now I am thankful that it is Friday, and tomorrow I don't have to get up or do anything until I feel like it. I made myself go to the grocery after school today. I didn't want to but I did.
We are set for the week end and the beginning of the week.

I am thankful. The Lord is Good. I am blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home