Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm Still Thankful

Yep, I'm still thankful. For instance:

Cap'n N came home last Monday and won't be leaving until early tomorrow morning. He had planned on leaving yesterday, but I would have bet big bucks(and I am not a betting person) that he wouldn't leave until Monday. We have had a great week with lots of laughing, TV watching, movie watching, and talking. Of course, we watched some unique shows and movies. Cap'n N always seems to come up with several very original shows for our viewing pleasure. I can't and wouldn't recommend them to everyone but they sure suited us. Right now Hubby D and the son are watching some horror movies they rented. Not my cup of tea so I actually graded some essays, did my eligibility, and am now doing the blog thing.

Cap'n N helped me get into myspace the other day. I had tried and tried with no success. He got on, clicked a few things, and presto chango I could use myspace. It is quite different from blogging and I wouldn't have bothered but many of my family use it so I am hoping it will help me keep in better touch with them.(Did that seem like a run on sentence to any of you? Dang this English thing!) Some people have even agreed to accept me onto their list of friends. I don't quite know what I am going to do there but I will figure it out. I am hoping to maybe hear from some long lost friends. I can also keep up with some of my former students. I love reading their success stories and seeing pictures of them and their kids.

I got to talk to all of my siblings during this time. They and all of theirs are doing fine. Jet is on the mend for which we are all truly grateful. We visited Grandma Ann and took her Thanksgiving dinner. She had heard from the Maine family and they are all doing well.

School starts back up tomorrow. We get to continue with The Scarlet Letter in English III which I am thankful for since it means we will be finishing it soon, and in English IV, we get to start Animal Farm. I am a history nut who loves getting to introduce students to the communist scare that was so prevalent when I was a kid. Do you remember "Duck and cover"?

Another great joy is the knowledge that my last hour class will dwindle from 20 to about 12-14 after this 9 weeks which ends in about 4 weeks. YEA!!!! HURRAY!!!!

I went through my closet and found all of my Christmas shirts. I can start wearing them next Friday. I have 5 shirts so I can wear a different one each day of the week. I sure hope it get cold enough for them or I could be doing some major perspiring. I also get to take my Christmas songs to school to play between classes.

Yep, life sure is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home