Monday, February 05, 2007

Parent/Teacher Conferences...the high school experience

We had P/T conferences today. I got to stay at school until 7:30 this evening. We had 3 hours for conferences. I saw 3 parents. I believe that averages out to 1 an hour. They were all parents of students who do well in English so I did get to have nice visits but still.....

Now for the big question... why do we have these things for older students? By the time they are in high school, the parents pretty well know what to expect from their children. They can also get the grades online at any time. If I felt as if we were accomplishing something, I would be all for it. However, for the past several years, I haven't had many of my students' parents show up. Now I get to do this all over again on Thursday. At least I don't have to get up early on Friday since we get the day off.

For the next big question... why aren't we making up a day of school on Friday? The board has to approve it, but surely we were in school long enough last week for them to get a meeting posted. Maybe not. Oh well, I guess I will just have to relax and enjoy the day with the Hubby.

Finally, I get to drag myself, oops I mean, jump out of bed tomorrow and deal with students while trying to keep myself awake. Making English seem semi interesting or at least not have it lull them into a sleeping stupor will be my quest for tomorrow.

Ta, ta for now!!! I do need my beauty rest and my body is ready to call it a day. If you have read this far, I would like to say thanks for staying around for the final lines. If you haven't gotten this far, then you won't know it and I have nothing to say to you anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home