Sunday, August 06, 2006

VACATION IS OVER

Yep, this is my last night of freedom. Tomorrow begins a new year, some new students, some old students, some new teachers, some old teachers, and new experiences for one and all. A lot of what we do is the same old stuff, but each day does bring new challenges along with the old.

I cleaned on the house all week end so that I can come home to some semblance of order. Our bedroom, my bathroom, the kitchen/dining room and the living room are all presentable for the first time in awhile. The laundry is all done and mostly put away. I made a meatloaf that should last a few days. I have my clothes ready for the week. I have washed my hair, bathed, and shaved. I have everything sitting by the front door ready to be whisked off to the car. Now if my body will just cooperate tomorrow morning on the getting up, I will have it made.

For years, I couldn't sleep the night before school started. I couldn't get my brain to shut down. Several years ago I slept the night through, got up, got ready, and was half way through the day before it dawned on me that I hadn't worried, tossed and turned all night the night before. It was a very strange feeling. I was afraid I was loosing my edge, but school started as usual, and I discovered I still had what it took. I just have to make sure I don't lose my enthusiasm.

I enjoyed myself this summer. I didn't accomplish anything that I had planned but I did relax, read, watch junk TV, watch movies, snuggle with Hubby D, visit the son, and generally have one nice relaxing, rejuvenating time. I even started eating better and exercising. I guess it is time to get back into the swing of things. I don't want to but I have to. When my students say, "We don't want to!!!" I say, "Did you hear me ask you what you wanted to do? I don't think so. I am going to let you do this." So I guess I will use the same thing on me tomorrow morning. Maybe I will listen to me better than my students do. Ya Think!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I never sleep good on the night before school starts simply because we've slept in and been so lazy all summer that I'm scared I'll turn off the alarm and the kids will miss the bus!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home