Monday, September 04, 2006

Ah A Nice Long Weekend!!!!!

Saturday was a sleep, watch football, nap, watch football, sleep day. It was soooo nice. OU and OSU both won. So on top of the BEARS' victory, we got 2 more. We have always cheered for both teams. When they play each other, we used to cheer for OU, but then the kid went off to OSU. So unless there is a national championship in there somewhere, we cheer for OSU. Hey, the kid moved to Texas to get his master's degree rather than go to OU. Where did we go wrong? I guess we didn't because he is danged loyal to his alma mater. Anyway we enjoyed the games on Saturday, and yes we watched more than just OU. It is football season. We can hardly wait for the FOX pregame shows to start much less the Pro season.

Sunday was church, a Walmart trip, and grading papers. I did make a substantial dent in the grading. I almost made a substantial dent in the car on the way to church. I drive by the Miami Country Club golf course on my way. I looked over and saw a former colleague so I waved. There was a curb going over a bridge that I jumped just a little. No need for concern. I was able to flop back on the pavement immediately. Yes, the friend smiled, shook his head, and waved. I don't imagine he was too surprised. We have known each other since NEO and that was some time ago. I have never had a major accident. I have dents and I jump curbs but other than that I am perfectly safe.

Today, I made blueberry muffins from scratch. This summer someone gave D's mom a bunch of fresh blueberries. She and D's aunt, who was visiting from Guatamala, froze what she had room for and sent the rest to us. We froze them and I made good use of some of them this morning. I wanted to bake on Saturday but didn't have baking powder or cream of tartar so that I could use baking soda. I have lots of baking soda. I use it in my laundry quite often. Anyway, today I made the muffins, which are all gone, and a large meatloaf for lunches this week. I am on hall duty so I need something easy. I'll have a meat loaf sandwich and some grapes each day. I love cold meat loaf sandwiches. I hate hall duty. At least I got another short week.

I also graded more papers today and did laundry. But mainly, I watched old movies on tv. I hadn't seen "Arthur" in years so I watched the end of it, and then I watched the one with Melanie Griffith as a hooker who stays in a little boys tree house and winds up turning over a new leaf and hooking up with the nerdy science teacher dad. I enjoyed it, too. Now, I have bathed, shaved, washed my hair, given my feet a paraffin bath(I love how my feet feel after I do this), and gotten my wardrobe ready for the week. All I have left to do is watch "The Closer". This has turned into one of my favorite shows, and tonight is the season finale, dang it. Oh well, C'est la vive!!! or Que sera, sera!!! Miss Taylor's French comes in handy sometimes!!!! Oui? Oui, Oui!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home