Sunday, August 20, 2006

And A Good Time Was Had By ALL

Okay, so it was just the Hubby and me but we did have a very nice pre-birthday celebration. I made it to church. Great service. Anyone living in the Miami, OK area is welcome to visit Immanuel Baptist Church on good ole Steve Owens Blvd. We are growing again and the services are great.

When I got home the Hubby was engrossed in a movie so I finished the papers, got a snack and made a grocery list. Since we aren't into the gambling thing and Miami's restaurant choices are few, we went to Joplin where we ate at Red Lobster. Pig out supreme. Salad, baked potato, Walt's fried shrimp, cheese biscuits(lots of cheese biscuits) and tea. We were both quite sated. We always think we will have room for dessert but we never do. Maybe I should eat dessert first at restaurants too. It works well at family reunions so maybe I will give it a try next time.

We then proceeded to Books-a-Million where I found some books to help with speech and creative writing(Happy Birthday to me). Hubby found a book, too and I got a card for the nephew who will be 22 tomorrow. He will get the card late, but hey, he will get a card. I have been known to send Christmas cards in March so if he gets it before Labor Day or Columbus Day or Veterans Day at least he was thought of before his birthday.

Our next stop was the mall. The Hubby got some new underwear for my birthday. What can I say. I'm generous to a fault. He got a book and underwear for my birthday. I didn't find anything that I couldn't live without. Of course, I was too full to even do much looking and trying stuff on was out of the question. Besides my birthday present is getting my garage door opener fixed. That is the main thing I want for my birthday.

Our final stop was Sam's. Grocery shopping is always a highlight to any birthday celebration especially when the cupboard is bare.

We got home put away our goodies and took a little rest before we ventured forth to Walmart for the rest of the groceries. We sure know how to celebrate!!!

When we got married, the deal was I got to go dancing twice a year, my birthday and New Year's Eve. I don't believe I have ever gone dancing on my birthday and maybe once on New Year's Eve. I must admit that we have gone to many proms(I sponsored them for years. My family used to call me the eternal prom queen.) and danced the night away so Hubby is off the hook. Oh well, whether it is shopping or dancing as long as we get to eat out, I'm content. I know, I know. I'm easy!!!!

Resting yesterday and running around today made for a lovely week end. Now I must go put this body to bed. Tomorrow starts another week of school. Beowulf for seniors and The Devil and Tom Walker for juniors, makes you wish you were back in high school doesn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I LOVED Beowulf and the even the Canterbury Tales! I actually bought copies of each when I was a teen and still have them. I wish I was in High School English again! Okay wait...no I don't. I'll just go read Beowulf again.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Oh yeah....

I didn't know y'all went to Immanuel! We used to be members there back when Sam was a baby, I went to Falls Creek with them as a cook summer before last, but haven't been back there in a long time. I heard y'all got a new pastor, right? We might drop in some time....we're still churchless. As far as Southern Baptist churches go, it's been the least dramatic of all I've been involved with. Good people there.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home