Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Unbelievable

Today during last hour which is my speech/creative writing class, I wrote the word alliteration on the board and then listed all of the consonants underneath. I talked about alliteration, gave them some examples, and had them write a sentence using alliteration of any consonant. A few got into it. Then, I had them draw out a consonant and they had to write an alliterative sentence. We did this a couple of times and then volunteers read their sentences. They had some great ones. Of course this gave many the chance to slip in the name of some alcoholic beverage, and one student said something about another kid's mom that was fairly suggestive so I had to do some censoring. It is hard to censor someone while you are laughing. The kid nailed the alliteration.

Now here is the unbelievable part. This is something I have never heard in all my years of teaching. One of the boys said, "Mrs. E, we need to do some more of these tomorrow. This was fun." Several others chimed in in agreement. Yes, this is a true story. I am still in a state of shock. Someone asked to do alliteration. Someone thought it was fun. Others concurred. This is one of those things that rarely happens, but when it does,
WOW!!!!

If they were this excited about alliteration,
just wait until tomorrow when we I introduce them to
limericks!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home