Thursday, September 07, 2006

One of those Surprising Good Days

As the day began, I wouldn't have thought that it was going to be one of those Good Days. I can't even tell you exactly when I realized that I was having one. At the end of the day, it was like "Oh my word, this day went amazingly well! What happened?"

In English IV we continued with Beowulf . They mainly stayed awake and contributed to the discussion. They even asked some relevant questions and made some intelligent comments. Wow!!! will wonders never cease!!! Tomorrow we should get Beowulf buried and finish up this epic. All that is left is some reviewing and testing. Yea! Hurray!

In English III we finished reading a couple of Longfellow poems. I got the great idea that we should try some choral presentations of these poems so I divided the poem up and assigned 2 stanzas to each row. I then had them decide how they would present their stanzas and practice. Tomorrow they will get a chance to make their oral presentations. It is good to meet PASS objectives and have fun at the same time.

Speech/creative writing is last hour so we tried our hand at limericks. They weren't quite as enthusiastic with limericks as they were with yesterday's alliteration, and yes, the inclination to want to write "naughty" limericks did come to the forefront. After all, I do have several sophomore, junior, and senior boys, who have minds that tend to run along those lines anyway. I had to quell(vocabulary word) this inclination and try to help them write relatively clean but funny ones. Their attempts at limerick writing were not quite on the mark. We will have to try again but NOT tomorrow for alas and alack, last hour tomorrow will be the first pep assembly of the football season and will take up most of the hour. Darn the Luck.

Oh yeah, noon hall duty wasn't even that bad today.

The prospects for Friday seem pretty good right now. Of course it is 11:00 p.m., and maybe I am just having late evening delusions. Oh well, I'll take it. So TTFN. I am off to dream land.




















Tomorrow ends another week of hall duty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home