Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sinuses, Sminuses

I had a wonderful time last Friday night at the ballgame. I got to yell and sing the school song and visit and well just enjoy the heck out of the evening. But then Saturday came, and I began to pay the price for sitting outside and breathing. Pesky ole breathing anyway!!!

My allergies are not anywhere near as bad as they were before I took the injections. Even though I no longer take shots, I still keep myself well medicated; however, every once in awhile I breathe in something that sets me off. That good ole fresh air can really be a bummer. So I have been feeling under the weather for the past several days.

I even missed school yesterday and today. I must go tomorrow. I know that my poor darlings must be in dire need of a dose of Mrs. E and her Fun with English. I also know that they are tired of reading, summarizing, and doing worksheets. I really need some good English videos for them to view when I am gone. Of course finding good English videos is a problem. And, with our library being packed away until the building is completed, finding even not so good English videos is a problem. The one good thing about being gone is that most of the students are really glad to see me come back. They miss the routine. They get bored. They almost realize that I make a contribution to their educational lives.

Of course the down side to being gone is going in and trying to figure out what has and has not been accomplished during my absence. Oh well, que sera, sera!!!! We will pick up tomorrow and continue our quest for truth, justice..... Oh wait a minute I got side tracked there....Our quest for knowledge and a better way of life through English!!!!!

Guess I better go try to get some sleep. "Getting back into the swing of things ain't as easy as it used to be. Dagnabit!!!!!" she said with a Gabby Hayes accent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home