Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Break

In case you were wondering (and why wouldn't you?), I have been on spring break for the past week. It has been a very relaxing and wonderful week. Hubby D got the week off, too. We accomplished absolutely nothing. I told you it was wonderful.

Last Saturday we took off for Little Rock to visit the Kidwells. All of them were well. We relaxed, talked, laughed, slept, and ate. What a great vacation!!!!

We ventured back home on Tuesday. The cat had been left in all of that time so he wasn't happy. He spent the evening going out and coming back in just to make sure we were still here or maybe just to aggravate us since we had left him for a few days. We rented movies and spent the last 3 days watching movies, catching up on what we had taped, sleeping and relaxing. We have become quite adept at this relaxing thing.

Today we did get cleaned up and leave the house again. We were running low on groceries, I needed some make up stuff, and the Hubby needed a haircut. Ah, food and vanity, the only two things powerful enough to get us to leave the premises.

We have had a great week and I sure do hate to see it all come to an end. C'est la or le vie!!! My French with Miss Taylor left me on that one. Is life feminine or masculine? Must be feminine. You know life is a... Hubby D goes back to work tomorrow and I have to have grades entered by noon on Monday so I have some things to do, too. Dishes, laundry, grading! Back to reality!!!

It sure was fun while it lasted.

I only have a little over 8 weeks to go until summer vacation!!!!!

I believe I am going to make it.

Oh and in case you were wondering...Yes, spring break is for the teachers, not for the students. Many people are alive today because their teachers got spring break. Trust me on this one. I know from experience. My teachers never got spring break. How did they do it? All I can say is that the students must have been much nicer back then!!! What else could it be?

1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

The gal I babysit for is a teacher and was threatening mass murder if Spring Break was cancelled due to the snow days back in January. Then, poor thing, her baby has been sick all week and is in the hospital! I hope she can hang in there for the next 8 weeks, bless her heart.

8 weeks to go in my first semester as an adult student...my how time flies when you're having oodles of fun. Btw, got a 96% on that English paper I begged for your mercy and help. THANK YOU!

Oh yeah, I saw on Todd's blog that you wrote for the writing challenge and missed it! Would you like me to add you as a late entry? Voting ends Monday night, but I think you could make a pretty fair showing in two days...let me know.

theredneckdiva@gmail.com

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home