Wednesday, May 30, 2007

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER

Last Thursday was the last day for teachers but I had to miss that wonderful in service day to drive through the pouring rain to pick up Cap'n N at the Tulsa airport. I drove through horrendous rain from just past Vinita to Tulsa. I drove 55 mph on the turnpike so you know it was raining mighty hard. When I got there, I discovered that the airport was without full power. They barely had lights. To get to the bath room facilities I had to walk down the escalator, venture into a fairly dark pottying area and then climb back up the escalator. There were no flight announcements or boards to check for information. Various people who looked almost official came by with information every once in awhile. Because of the weather his flight was 2 hours late, and wouldn't you know for once I was on time, early even!!!!! Luckily, I always take some kind of reading material. I've been stuck before. The baggage carousels didn't work so they unloaded the luggage on the sidewalk in front of the terminal. Any way we got home all right.

I was going to check out of school on Friday but heck, I already had my grades posted and since they don't give out the summer checks when you check out any more, what's the rush?

We had a great week end with the kid. We did the usual...watched movies, talked, laughed, went to Joplin, and ate out or had fast food often. I offered to cook and even made a grocery run. He opted for going out for steak for his birthday. I did make brownies. They were edible but not the best.

I always thought we had planned out his arrival 32 years ago pretty well, but now I realize that while that was fine when we were younger now with the end of school every year, I get tireder and tireder. Oh well, "dems da breaks". To quote a woman who knows him quite well, "He is a mighty lucky boy to have had such wonderful parents all of these years!" He went home Monday and had to drive through terrible rain storms most of the way back to Texas. He was driving his new car though and had windshield wipers, a defroster, and turn signals that worked.

Hubby D had to work on Tuesday so I went to Wyandotte Tuesday afternoon and checked out. I had to make sure my room was in order and do my inventory. I threw away lots of stuff, but trust me, when I go back in August, I will still have oodles to sort and throw away. I always plan on doing it at the end of school but wind up piling stuff in my closets and file cabinet. I'm thinking that I might just get energetic and go down one day this summer to go through all of it. That's funny. I crack myself up sometimes.

Today was a veggin' out day. Tomorrow, I actually plan on getting something done. I've got to stop this I'm going to make myself sick laughing so hard.

I must admit I did do some dishes, some laundry, and some cooking today. The Hubby was off today and will be off tomorrow and Friday so we do actually have a few plans. Basically, this summer I will try to finish a few projects, read a few books, and get myself back into shape. Notice I said "try to" not "try and". Most people say "try and...." which indicates that you will accomplish whatever you try. I will try to do some things and be dang happy if I accomplish anything. There is a to do list on the refrigerator that I put up last summer. Nothing has been marked off so this is the summer to mark off at least one thing.

I HAVE A PLAN!!!!!

I'll let you know in August how the plan worked out. I'm pretty sure it will be one of those don't hold your breath things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home